Apeks Package featuring the verstile Apeks Black Ice BCD, the top of the line Apeks XTX200/XTX 40 Regulator set; the super tough Apeks Depth Gauge and the Multi faceted Suunto DX computer and the Suunto Wireless Transmitter.
The Apeks Black Ice BCD is a rugged, weight-integrated, back inflation BC designed with the advanced diver in mind. Despite its heavy duty construction, it provides amazing comfort, fit and stability thanks to its Wrapture™ harness system (pat. pend.). Due to the modular nature of this BC, a custom fit can be achieved through any of the three sizes. The Black Ice is offered in one color only, you guessed it, black.
Wrapture™ harness system (pat. pend.) – Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin back plate, the Wrapture™ provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture™ prevents the BC from “riding-up” on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your center of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the shoulders as well as either side of the waistband, a custom fit can be achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) – provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and “click”. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
Dual channel weight pockets in front along with non-ditchable weight pockets in back mean that all sizes can hold up to 42 lbs. (19kg)
The Black Ice can be rigged for twin cylinders using the optional twin cylinder kit (p/n 427106).
There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are proprietary flat valves are very streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at the top of the Powerline inflator.
The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry. This environmentally sealed unit has integrated clips to keep the l.p. inflator hose tucked in tight. A triple bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag.
Knife attachment points are found on the left pocket flap which will accommodate many of the Squeeze Lock knives. This location provides easy access to the knife.
XTX 200 Reg
The XTX 200 is the flagship of the Apeks Regulator Range and the definitive blend of style and high performance. Every detail has been carefully designed to offer a high quality piece of equipment.
• Uses the proven “FSR” type first stage as found on the ATX200 and Tungsten models
• Features a bright chrome finish
• All medium pressure ports are now 3/8” so that the reversible XTX second stage can mount to either side of the first stage
• The over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure air in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient pressure resulting in superior performance
• Comes standard with an environmental dry kit which keeps water and contaminants out as well as makes the model more resistant to freezing
• Compatible to EAN 40, new, out of the box
• Although shipped in a standard right-hand configuration, this second stage can be reversed into a left-hand configuration by an Authorized Apeks Technician.
• Features new Diver Changeable Exhaust (DCE) System. This system gives the diver the ability to change from a large exhaust tee to a smaller exhaust tee. The large tee provides the best exhaust bubble dispersion; the smaller tee is lighter weight and compact. The regulator comes with both sets of exhaust tees
• Improved exhalation performance and overall work of breathing
• This pneumatically balanced second stage has diver-adjustable controls for opening effort and venturi control
• Suitable for coldwater use
XTX 40 Octopus
• This octopus is based upon the XTX40 second stage.
• It includes left / right reversibility, coldwater capability and the performance you would expect from an Apeks pneumatically balanced valve
• Diver-adjustable venturi control
• The unit has a high visibility yellow front cover, yellow accent pieces and a 36” yellow hose
• Comes standard with small exhaust tee
The gauge case is made from nickel plated brass. The dial window is made of highly shock resistant material (anti-splinter polycarbonate). A specially designed housing protects the gauge and HP hose fitting from accidental damage. A large loop area designed into the housing allows for easy attachment.
There is an over-pressure capsule fitted in the back of the module to prevent the screen from exploding in the unlikely event of the internal mechanism failing. The gauges are made with O2 compatible materials but ensure that they are O2 cleaned before use with high percentage oxygen.
The Suunto DX, built on the award-winning Suunto D9tx, is the ultimate tool for open circuit and re breather divers. It's the very first of its kind to feature CCR compatibility. The premium design and materials, combined with the new superior Suunto Fused™ RGBM, make it the must-have instrument for your dive missions and everyday adventures. Are you ready to conquer new territory?
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write your own Review.